Sunday, November 15, 2015

Quilting 2015 Retreat

 We had our second annual Material Girls Quilt retreat this weekend. It was a great time with wonderful ladies held at Wonder Valley.
Anna Koelewyn, Lynn Marie Neilson, Janice Minyard, Kathy Morrison, Barbara Sindlinger, Diane Mitchell (me), and Elaine Berry
 Elaine and Kathy discussing quilt patterns!

Lynn Marie and Anna discuss patterns

 Anna showing her completed table topper
 Barbara maching quilting…busy, busy..
 These were the blocks I was working with. This was from a "Pat Speth" class sponsored by Common Threads Quilt Guild, March 2015.
 Janice Minyard was working with this awesome panel. Getting ideas on border designs
 Kathy Morrison worked on her "Downton Abbey" Mystery Quilt
 Barbara Sindlinger finished quilting one of her quilts
 Lynn Marie finished the top she was working on….scrap therapy pattern.

 These are some of the projects I have been working on for the last few months. This was a purse patten purchased by my Mom. I made it for her. She picked the fabric. The inner lining is a red polka dot!
 This was a pincushion made for our Guild's boutique in October
 This is a "frozen" quilt and pillow case made for my great niece Mallory Thomas. I will send this at Christmas.
I also helped a very good friend of mine do some demolition in her house. We removed three rooms of tile….I would much rather be quilting. But she is an awesome friend, and I was glad I could help her!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I'm looking forward to next years retreat. Maybe add an extra day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . and a fun time was had by all. Lots of laughs and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great retreat, and all that table space to spread!! Looks like everyone was super-productive. Thanks for sharing, it's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete